An example of how to download a DRM-protected book from a computer to your own device:
- Create Adobe account (Adobe ID).
- Install Adobe Digital Editions and authorize it by logging in with your Adobe ID.
- Download and install a reader application to your device.
- Authorize the device by logging in with your Adobe ID.
- Look up a book for example in Oula-Finna and open it through the link in the e-book service. Some e-book service providers require that you create a user account before you can download files from their collections. In this case follow the instructions on the website, create an account and log in.
- Download the ebook into Adobe Digital Editions.
- Connect the reading device with your computer (USB cable).
- Transfer the book to your reading device in Adobe Digital Editions by dragging and dropping the book icon onto the reading device icon in the sidebar.
An example of how to download ebook to Ellibs app
- Download the Ellibs app to your device.
- Log in with the University of Oulu account (HAKA Login).
- Borrow e-book by tapping on the 'Borrow' button.
- Choose a loan time. The e-book will automatically appear in the reader screen.