When using works (e.g. journal article, e-book) obtained from academic research databases or platforms, APA style rules are:
- do not include the database or platform name
- do not include URLs
- include a DOI if the work has one
- if a work does not have a DOI, treat the work as a print version.
Material without page numbers
- Provide a heading, section name, or paragraph number.
- For ebook chapters without pagination, omit the page range from the reference.
Web citations require much of the same information as print sources, but also provide the location of an online source:
1. Permanent identifier, etc. DOI, URN, Handle, or permalink.
Search for DOI:
2. Reference to web archive, Internet Archive or Memento, either existing version or version archived by you.
3. Avoid using the URL.