Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Instructions for reserving study rooms
Oamk students and staff can make reservations for the study rooms in the Health and Social Care Library via the Oamk email calendar.
When using the study rooms, pay attention to the latest campus COVID-19 guidelines regarding safe distancing. Maintaining good hand hygiene and coughing etiquette is also advisable.
Room reservation policy
The rooms are in great demand, so please take other students into consideration when making a reservation!
- 1 reservation / student / day
- Max. 3 concurrent reservations / student
- Reservations that exceed the maximum limit will be cancelled by the customer service
- A reservation may also be cancelled if the room is not claimed within the first 15 minutes of the reserved time.
Use of study rooms outside library opening hours
Both Oamk students and staff have the opportunity to make use of the facilities of the library outside of the opening hours. The rooms and the facilities are available for self-service customers every day of the week between 7:30–21:00, including during weekends.
An electronic key for entering the library can be collected from the campus porters.
During self-service hours, customers should enter and exit the library only via door Paasi 3.
The library is equipped with an alarm system and security cameras.
Rooms available for reservation in Health and Social Care Library
The study rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 2-3 hours per day, depending on the size and the purpose of the room.
- Research room: Kirjasto Kontinkangas Paa 1341 (Tutkijanhuone, 3 hours)
- Group study 3: Kirjasto Kontinkangas Paa 1342 (Ryhmätyötila 3, cap. 8 people, 2 hours)
- Group study 4: Kirjasto Kontinkangas Paa 1343 (Ryhmätyötila 4 , cap. 8 people, 2 hours)
- Group study 5, AV room: Kirjasto Kontinkangas Paa 1344 (Ryhmätyötila 5, AV-tila, 2 hours)
- Group study 2: Kirjasto Kontinkangas Paa 1346 (Ryhmätyötila 2, cap. 8 people, 2 hours)
- Group study 1: Kirjasto Kontinkangas Paa 1347 (Ryhmätyötila 1, cap. 8 people, 2 hours)
Study room availability
You can check the real-time availability of the study rooms by clicking on this link.
Group study 5, AV room equipment
The room is equipped with a computer connected to a TV set on the wall. The TV screen can also be connected to a personal laptop. Other devices available in the room include a DVD player, a Blu-ray player, and a VHS tape recorder.