Electronic citations require much of the same information as print sources, but also provide the location of an online source:
1. Permanent identifier, etc. DOI, URN, Handle, or permalink.
Search for DOI:
3. Avoid using the URL.
Source and more information in Finnish: Hakala, J. (2017). E-viittaamisen ihanuus ja kurjuus. Informaatiotutkimus, 36(2), s. 77–85. https://doi.org/10.23978/inf.65190
RefWorks is an online tool to manage your references.
Using RefWorks you can:
- create a personal database for storing records
- insert citations while writing
- create a bibliography
- share information with other researchers
Articles in edited works are rarely found in databases. You have to add the citation information into RefWorks manually or you can edit book details:
1a. Complete the book article entry manually (Create new reference). Or:
1b. Export a book record to RefWorks and edit it (Edit).
2. Select the reference type (Ref Type) = Book Section.
3. Enter information in the fields displayed:
- Title = article title
- Authors = author name(s) (Last name, First name)
- Publish Date = publication year of the book
- Editors = book editor name(s) (Last name, First name)
- Book Title = book title
- Pages = page numbers of the article *
- Publisher = book publisher
- Place of Publication = publication place of the book.
4. Save reference (Save).
* Press the Alt key and enter 0150 on the numeric keypad to create a dash between numbers.