1. Mark the items you want to export using the blue folder icon to the right of each reference in results list. The folder will turn yellow after you select it. If you want to export all references on the page, use "Page Options" located towards the top of the results page and change "Results per page" to 50 if it is not already set at 50. Use "Share" to select "Results (1-50)", this adds the first 50 results to a folder. You must repeat this for the next 50 on the next page.
2. After you have marked all you need, go to the top of the page and click the "Folder" link in the blue banner. Or select Folder -> "Folder view" from the toolbar on the right.
3. Click the "Export" button in the right column of the folder view.
4. For Mendeley or Covidence, select the "Direct Export in RIS Format" option and then click the "Save" button.
5. EBSCOhost will save the citations in a file named "delivery.ris". Save this file to your computer's desktop or download folder so you can find it again.
6. In Mendeley, select Add new -> Files from computer -> RIS. Browse your computer for the "delivery.ris" file that you saved from EBSCOhost.
It is possible to download thousands of records from CINAHL with one click. To do this, click Share and select the E-mail a link to download exported results. Remember to select the right file format. Choose the RIS format if you are exporting to Mendeley. You will be sent an email containing a link to download a zip folder containing the RIS file. Click on the link to download the file and then extract the contents. Open the file to upload the references into Mendeley.
In CINAHL, you can create a free MyEBSCO account which will enable to you to do the following:
Click on the Sign In link in the top right corner of the CINAHL search page. Next, click the Sign up link. Follow the prompts to set up an account. To save your search, click on the Save Searches / Alerts link at the top of the search history.
To view your saved searches, click on the folder menu. Next, click Saved Searches. Click on the Retrieve Saved Search link for the search you want to run. To view the search result, click Refresh Search Results link. The retrieved search or alert can either be rerun, edited, or deleted.