Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In the library there are different premises which support the learning. It is possible to reserve the group study rooms and computer classrooms beforehand also for teaching.
The premises for exhibitions and music presentations can also be arranged.
Almost all the printed and electronic resources of the univerisity library are available in Oula-Finna database. You can make a request for items that are already out on loan or you can place an on-hold request for available items. Loan periods vary by collections.
You can borrow:
- staff loan (365 days): only for material bought by discipline
- journals (14 days) and books (28 days)
- legal deposit books for the staff of the university (28 days) to be used in the office
- overnight and weekend loans.
To be used only in the library:
- legal deposit periodicals, blue books, statistics and maps
- the newest journals
- special collections.
- University of Oulu researchers, teachers, students and other staff members may use the electronic resources off campus by logging in to the Oula-Finna using their University of Oulu username (Haka Login).
Oula-Finna This link opens in a new window
All the printed and electronic resources available at Oulu University Library. When you log into Oula with your University of Oulu user ID (Haka Login), you have access to the electronic resources also from outside the University of Oulu Network. More info
| Quick guide
Benefits available to University staff
- auto-renewal of loans
- off-campus access to the electronic resources
- 365 days loan period to books acquired with funds provided by the faculties and projects
- publications in the legal deposit archive available for office use