By linking instead of copying you usually avoid violating copyrights.
The URL in browser is not always accurate link. Instead you should use permalink, URN or DOI. DOI link is formed like so: https://doi.org/[DOI identifier].
Off campus functioning links
You can make off campus functioning links with the library’s proxy server address http://pc124152.oulu.fi:8080/login?qurl=.
If you copy links in off campus access the proxy server address is already in the URL.
You can collect a list of articles, books, and databases in Oula-Finna.
1. Save references to favourites and to the list of your choice.
2. Make your list public.
3. Share the link with your students e.g. in web page or via email.
How to utilize other's material
In accordance with the Copyright Act a work made public may be quoted, in accordance with proper usage to the extent necessary for the purpose (Section 22). Proper usage means here that the quotation is used in a suitable manner, in aid of one's own creative work and for example to illustrate an issue.
|by showing||e.g. by reading or showing pictures of the book or playing music|
Many of the open access journals are licenced under CC.
|by licence agreement with publishers or brokers||
- Most of the databases are subscribed with FinELib consortium.
- Publishers may impose their own conditions of use applicable to their journals and books. Such conditions of use shall be associated with such content.
- Kopiosto permissions are not applicable to this licenced content.
by Kopiosto licence
|with the permission of the copyright holder||Permissions are asked from the author or the publisher using e.g. Copyright Clearance Center.|
When using works (e.g. journal article, e-book) obtained from academic research databases or platforms, APA style rules are:
Material without page numbers
Web citations require much of the same information as print sources, but also provide the location of an online source:
1. Permanent identifier, etc. DOI, URN, Handle, or permalink.
Search for DOI:
3. Avoid using the URL.
Source and more information in Finnish: Hakala, J. (2017). E-viittaamisen ihanuus ja kurjuus. Informaatiotutkimus, 36(2), s. 77–85. https://doi.org/10.23978/inf.65190