*) The publishing process will start after the doctoral training committee has granted the author printing permission and the author have sent to the editorial office no later than six weeks before the public defence:
- a filled-in publishing agreement (2 copies) confirmed by the chief academic officer and signed by the author
- the proofread final manuscript which has undergone a language review and which complies with the requirements of the series as a Word file or a version laid out at Juvenes Print; an abstract that has undergone a language review in Finnish and English and an abstract in the language of the publication if needed
- possible previously published articles as final PDF files or as Microsoft Word files, if published versions of the articles are not available. This makes it possible for the articles to be laid out in accordance with the Acta template
- permissions from the publishers of previously published articles
- carry out measures related to layout
- prepare the covers and have them reviewed by the doctoral candidate
- make the corrections and send the PDF file to the doctoral candidate, and send other material to the series editor
- the doctoral candidate makes an appointment with the series editor
- the series editor reviews the agreements, permissions etc. and notifies the doctoral candidate of any possible corrections suggested to the summary. The doctoral candidate asks the editorial office to submit the manuscript to him/her as a Word file, makes the revisions approved by the series editor to the manuscript and sends the file back to the editorial office.
- after having accepted the finalized manuscript the series editor signs the publishing agreement and submits it to the printing house
- Publications Services send the material to the printing house.
The review by the series editor will take 1-2 weeks, depending on the number of corrections to be made.
- the doctoral candidate contacts the printing house and gives permission to start the printing process
- the printing house mails the draft to the doctoral candidate
- the doctoral candidate asks the editorial office to submit the original manuscript to him/her and makes the revisions approved by the series editor
- the publication is printed
- the dissertations are mailed to the porters' desk in the Linnanmaa campus central lobby.
Public display period
The obligatory distribution points