Before preliminary review
Use the series-specific document template to format your manuscript already before submitting it for preliminary review. Send also all the original publications and permissions for review before the preliminary review.
Material required to start the publishing process
The publishing process will start after the doctoral training committee has granted the author printing permission and the author has sent all of the required material to the editorial office no later than four weeks (18 working days) + seven days before the public defence:
1. A filled in publishing agreement confirmed by the University of Oulu Graduate School (UniOGS) coordinator. The editorial office will later add to the form a serial number and ISBN identifiers.
2. The proofread final manuscript which has undergone a language review and which complies with the requirements of the series as a Microsoft Word file / PDF file (LaTex users). The manuscript must include both abstracts that have undergone a language review and keywords in Finnish and English (LaTex users must submit these as separate MS Word files).
3. Previously published articles as PDF files and unpublished articles as MS Word files, laid out for example in accordance with the Acta template.
4. Permissions from the publishers of the previously published articles and other permissions required for republishing.
5. PDF file containing a list of the author’s own images and tables that are published for the first time in the dissertation. All other images and tables must be accompanied by a reference to the source and a copyright notice, as specified in the instructions.
See additional instructions on the instructions: Original publications and permissions and Copyright guidelines.
Thesis defense announcements