Editorial office (five working days)
- Carry out measures related to layout, e.g. review of the layout of the summarizing section and finalize the layout of the previously published articles for publishing in the dissertation.
- Prepare the covers and have them reviewed by the doctoral researcher.
- Submit the publishing agreement to the UniOulu Sign service for signing by the author and the series editor.
- Send the PDF file to the doctoral researcher and the series editor and send other material to the series editor.
- Prepare and publish the electronic version of the dissertation.
Series editor (five working days)
- After getting permission from the editorial office, the doctoral researcher makes an appointment by email with the series editor.
- The series editor reviews the agreements, permissions etc. and notifies the doctoral researcher of any possible corrections to the manuscript. The doctoral researcher asks the editorial office to send her the manuscript as a Microsoft Word file, makes the revisions approved by the series editor to the manuscript and sends the file back to the editorial office.
- After having approved the publication the series editor signs the publishing agreement sends it to the printing house.
- Publishing Services send the material to the printing house.
The editing process may take more time, depending on the number of corrections made.