Make sure that your manuscript is the proofread, absolutely final version which has undergone a language review and been laid out to comply with the Acta document template. Please check the following:
- you have written the manuscript using either the pre-filled Acta document template or the Acta document template and you have used the paragraph and character styles included in the templates (see Acta instructions, chapters Paragraph styles and Character styles)
- the page settings in the finalised, laid out manuscript have remained unchanged and comply with the settings in the original prefilled document template and the document template (Acta instructions, chapter Page settings)
- all tables are formatted as specified in the instructions (Acta instructions, chapter Tables)
- the images and figures comply with the instructions and are anchored to the captions (Acta instructions, chapter Figures)
- the references are in the Acta format (http://libguides.oulu.fi/actaguide/bibliographicmanagement)
- if the dissertation consists of previously published articles, include the following texts on the Original publications page: Reprinted with permission from Publisher’s name (I)… and: Original publications are not included in the electronic version of the dissertation (Acta instructions, appendix 2: Original publications page)
- use en dash, not hyphen, to indicate a range both in the text and in the list of references (Acta instructions, appendix 2: Dashes etc.)
- Language differences:
– percent sign, Finnish: 10 %, English 10%
– decimal separator, Finnish: 123,4, English 123.4
- remember to check that there are no unnecessary line breaks between chapters (or between chapter heading and chapter text).
The editorial office will only make the following changes: check the paging of the summary and the unpublished articles, i.e. remove unnecessary pages and insert required empty pages (page settings, page numbering and numbering of horizontal pages, updating of the table of contents if needed). The series editor will check that the manuscript otherwise complies with the instructions for publishing in the Acta series.
See also The checklist for summary and original articles Instructions for publishing in the series Acta Universitatis Ouluensis, appendix 2.